“Studies show that 72% of all prospects fail to convert to customers simply because they were directed to sales too early”
Though sales and marketing are two very different sides of any business, their functions are completely intertwined. It’s marketing’s job to bring leads in, and it’s sale’s job to close them. It may seem like a simple relationship, but a lot of work goes into taking a prospect from lead to customer. Marketing automation makes this conversion easier, quicker, and more successful for both sales and marketing.
Here’s a little example to show you how marketing automation can work:
- John receives a personalized email from Acme Company directing him to a landing page containing a white paper.
- John follows the link, registers on the site, and downloads the white paper.
- He’s then sent a followup email, and later an invitation to a webinar.
- Once he opens and follows through with those touches, he receives a phone call from his assigned sales representative at Acme Company.
- The sales representative can now gauge John’s interests and needs, and may even request a discovery meeting (to be held over the phone or in person).
- John is now a highly scored lead, and the only manual touch required was a phone call.
Marketing automation can be designed with any variety of triggers. The first touch could be a postcard directing John to a video landing page. Instead of a white paper, he could download a digital catalog, or even request a complimentary printed copy. These touches can be mixed and matched to play to your business’s strengths.
If John hadn’t responded to any of the marketing touches, or had only responded to the first one, he would have been placed in an automated nurture campaign. This type of campaign would keep Acme’s name in front of John with additional marketing touches, waiting for him to convert or to ultimately be removed from the lead list.
Studies show that 72% of all prospects fail to convert to customers simply because they were directed to sales too early. Sales staff have enough on their plates, they shouldn’t be expected to nurture potential customers as well. With marketing automation, they only receive leads that are hot and ready to close. Effective automation is the key to success for both marketing and sales.
If you’re ready to find out how marketing automation can work for your business, give us a call at 423-764-5751. We can work within your existing marketing framework or start completely from scratch. It’s time for your sales and marketing to realize their full potential.
Leave a Reply